If you are unable reasonably to keep up your payments on your loan because of illness, injury, loss of employment, the end of a relationship, or other reasonable cause, you may be able to ask us to vary the terms of your credit agreement with us (we call this a Hardship Variation).
What can you do if you suffer from unforeseen hardship?
To apply for a Hardship Variation, you need to:
- Make an application in writing; and
- Explain your reasons for the Hardship Variation; and
- Request one of the following:
- an extension of the term of your credit agreement – this means we would reduce the amount due on each payment date and increase the number of payments; or
- a postponement of certain payments; or
- both of the above – that is, postpone some payments and pay smaller amounts over a longer time period; and
- give the application to us – feel free to phone us to discuss on 0508 588 522 but we will ask you to follow up in writing by letter or email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.